March 23, 2025 | 04:21 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Executive Director of the Legal Aid Institute for the Press or LBH Pers, Mustafa Layong, stated that the terror of sending animal carcasses to Tempo is a form of threat to journalistic work. He urged the government not to take the series of attacks on the press lightly.
"This terror should not be taken lightly. How many attacks have resulted in the loss of lives that began with such acts of terror," said Mustafa when contacted on Saturday, March 22, 2025.
Mustafa stated that Hasan Nasbi's remarks regarding the terror experienced by Tempo indicate the government's lack of understanding of the Press Law and democratic principles. In addition, he assessed that the government is indifferent to the safety of its citizens, especially journalists working for the public interest," he said.
Previously, the Head of the Presidential Communications Office, Hasan Nasbi, stated that there was no need to exaggerate the terror incidents. He made this response when asked about the terror of sending a pig's head to Tempo journalist Francisca Christy Rosana, or affectionately known as Cica.
Instead, Nasbi joked that the pig's head sent to the Tempo office should be cooked. According to him, Cica also responded to the terror of sending the pig's head with a joke. "I saw Cica's social media. She asked for the pig's meat to be sent. This means she does not feel threatened," he said at the Presidential Palace complex on Friday, March 21, 2025.
Last week, Tempo experienced two instances of terror in the form of animal carcass sent by unknown individuals. The first incident occurred on March 19, 2025.
At that time, the Tempo editorial office received a package containing a pig's head without ears. The package was sent by a courier wearing a delivery app attribute.
The Tempo editorial office received a second delivery, a box containing the carcass of a decapitated rat. Tempo's cleaning staff found a box containing six rats on Saturday, March 22, 2025, at 08:00 AM WIB.
The Editor-in-Chief of Tempo, Setri Yasra, stated that the delivery of the rat carcasses further clarifies the terror against the Tempo editorial office. Prior to the rat carcass, Tempo received a threat via social media through the Instagram account @derrynoah on March 21, 2025. The account controller stated that they would continue to send terror. The narrative read, "until your office perishes".
According to Setri, the rat carcasses delivery is an act of terror against the work of the media and freedom of the press. "The sender intentionally terrorizes journalists' work," she said. "If the goal is to scare us, we are not afraid but stop these cowardly actions."
Editor's Choice: Expert Says Terror Against Tempo is Coercive Social Control
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Expert Says Terror Against Tempo is Coercive Social Control
5 jam lalu

Sociology professor refers to the pig's head terror to Tempo journalists as a coercive social control, characterized by an attempt of coercion.
Terror Attack Against Tempo: Here's What National Police Chief Says
7 jam lalu

National Police Chief claims to have ordered the Chief of Detectives to investigate the case of pig's head terror directed at Tempo.
Facts of Terror Attack Against Tempo Office: Pig's Head and Rat Carcasses
8 jam lalu

Tempo once again received a threat from an unknown party; first it was a package of a pig's head, now it was a box with six dead rats in it.
Amnesty International Urges Investigation into Terror Attacks Against Tempo
18 jam lalu

Editor-in-Chief of Tempo, Setri Yasra, said that the delivery of rat carcasses further clarifies the terror against Tempo's editorial office.
Tempo Receives Decapitated Rats, Yet Another Act of Terror
22 jam lalu

A package containing decapitated rat carcasses was thrown into the Tempo office area at 02:11 AM on March 22, 2025.
Prabowo Urged to Review Hasan Nasbi's Position After Insensitive Remark on Pig's Head Threat to Tempo
1 hari lalu

The Civil Society Coalition urges President Prabowo to review Hasan Nasbi's position.
Palace Downplays Pig's Head Delivery to Tempo: Non-Threat to Media
1 hari lalu

Head of the Presidential Office Hasan Nasbi emphasized the government's desire to remain uninvolved in the incident of a pig's head delivery to Tempo.
Martin Suryajaya: Indonesia's Reform Era Officially Ends as Revised TNI Law Passes
2 hari lalu

Martin Suryajaya argues that the passage of the new TNI Law, which risks reinstating the military's dual function, marks a recurring historical cycle
Ignoring Tempo Pig's Head Case Means Police Tolerate Terror, Says Legal Expert
2 hari lalu

Legal expert says the police must handle Tempo's terror case seriously to prove their professionalism and integrity.
KKJ Reports Pig's Head Terror Against Tempo Journalist to Bareskrim Polri
2 hari lalu

Indonesia Safety Journalist Committe (KKJ) asserts that this pig's head terror is an attempt to obstruct journalistic work and violate the Press Law.