Saudi Arabia Condemns Israeli Attacks on Civilians in Gaza

20 hours ago 3
Israeli military tanks stand guard in the Gaza Strip, November 19, 2009. shutterstock.com

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Saudi Foreign Ministry on Thursday, April 3, 2025, condemned the continued Israeli military escalation in the occupied Palestinian territories. Saudi Arabia also condemned the attacks on shelters for displaced civilians in Gaza.

In a statement, the Kingdom condemned the targeting of the Dar Al-Arqam School in Gaza, where dozens of refugees were killed.

Saudi Arabia also condemned the destruction of a warehouse operated by the Saudi Center for Culture and Heritage in the Morag area east of Rafah. The facility reportedly contained medical supplies intended for patients and the wounded in Gaza.

As reported by Arab News, the Saudi Foreign Ministry also highlighted that the absence of an effective international accountability mechanism has allowed Israeli forces to continue violating international law and humanitarian principles.

The ministry also warned that the ongoing impunity contributes to the intensification of violence and poses a threat to regional and global stability.

Furthermore, Saudi Arabia also called on members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to take decisive action to end what it described as the tragedy experienced by the Palestinian people.

At least 34 Palestinians were killed on Thursday in Israeli air strikes on two schools housing displaced civilians in Gaza City, authorities said, Anadolu Agency and Al Jazeera reported.

The Palestinian Civil Defense in Gaza said 31 Palestinians, including children and women, were killed in the air strikes targeting the Dar Al-Arqam School, where hundreds of civilians had taken shelter in the Tuffah neighborhood of Gaza City.

It said six people were missing, with dozens more injured.

The Gaza Media Office said earlier that 29 Palestinians, including 18 children and one woman, were killed, and more than 100 injured in the strikes.

The Israeli army acknowledged the strikes, claiming that "Hamas elements used the [school's] command and control center to plan and execute attacks on civilians and Israeli forces."

The military said that before the strikes, "many measures were taken to reduce the danger to civilians including the use of additional aerial surveillance and intelligence," although it did not provide evidence to support the claim.

Sita Planasari contributed to this article.

Editor's Choice: Israel Announces Expanded Ground Offensive in Gaza

Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News



Trump Begins Tariff Negotiations with Vietnam, India, and Israel

1 jam lalu

Trump Begins Tariff Negotiations with Vietnam, India, and Israel

President of the United States Donald Trump held discussions with representatives from Vietnam, India, and Israel regarding new import tariffs


Israel Announces Expanded Ground Offensive in Gaza

16 jam lalu

Israel Announces Expanded Ground Offensive in Gaza

Israel announced the launch of a new ground offensive in Gaza on Friday, April 4, 2025.


Emmanuel Macron and Prabowo Plan Joint Conference on Gaza

21 jam lalu

Emmanuel Macron and Prabowo Plan Joint Conference on Gaza

French President Emmanuel Macron will visit Indonesia in May 2025 to discuss peace in the Middle East and Ukraine.


Oscar-Winning Palestinian Director Speaks at UN on Israeli Settlements

1 hari lalu

Oscar-Winning Palestinian Director Speaks at UN on Israeli Settlements

Palestinian director Basel Adra testifies about Israeli settlement atrocities to the UN


Hamas Rejects Israel's Latest Ceasefire Proposal

2 hari lalu

Hamas Rejects Israel's Latest Ceasefire Proposal

Hamas rejects Israel's latest proposal on ceasefire. Israel is also said to have blocked proposals submitted by Egypt and Qatar.


Israeli Soldier Suffering from Severe Trauma Linked to Gaza War Jailed in Military Prison

2 hari lalu

Israeli Soldier Suffering from Severe Trauma Linked to Gaza War Jailed in Military Prison

Instead of undergoing mental rehabilitation, an Israeli soldier has been imprisoned due to experiencing severe stress.


Celebrating Eid al-Fitr in Conflict Zones: A look at Palestine, Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon

2 hari lalu

Celebrating Eid al-Fitr in Conflict Zones: A look at Palestine, Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon

Eid al-Fitr is celebrated with joy around the world, but not in the conflict zones of the Middle East, which are under attack by Israel and the U.S.


Amnesty International Calls on Hungary to Arrest Israel's Netanyahu in Upcoming Visit

3 hari lalu

Amnesty International Calls on Hungary to Arrest Israel's Netanyahu in Upcoming Visit

Amnesty International calls on Hungary to carry out the ICC's arrest warrant against Benjamin Netanyahu.


Israel's Bezalel Smotrich Resigns as Finance Minister

4 hari lalu

Israel's Bezalel Smotrich Resigns as Finance Minister

Religious Zionism Party of Israel cites 'violation of agreements' by Ben-Gvir as the main reason for Bezalel Smotrich's resignation


Tears of Eid: Ongoing Israeli Strikes in Gaza Claim Dozens of Lives

5 hari lalu

Tears of Eid: Ongoing Israeli Strikes in Gaza Claim Dozens of Lives

Eid al-Fitr celebration in Gaza is marked by Israeli attacks. Gaza residents perform Eid al-Fitr prayers on the ruins of rubble.


Read Entire Article
Parenting |