August 8, 2025 | 10:33 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesian Minister of Immigration and Corrections, Agus Andrianto, stated that 100 immigration officers have been deployed to strengthen surveillance in Bali. One of the reasons for the deployment is to investigate the alleged ownership of villas by former Israeli soldiers.
"Currently, there are 100 Immigration officers reinforcing surveillance in Bali," said Agus when met in the area of Pantai Indah Kapuk 2, Tangerang, Banten, on Friday, August 8, 2025.
According to Agus, the reinforcement of surveillance is also in response to a request from Bali Governor I Wayan Koster. This is also to follow up on the presence of two former Israel Defense Force members who are suspected of having started a business in Bali.
Previously, he mentioned that Immigration is still investigating the alleged presence of two Israeli citizens, believed to be former IDF soldiers, managing luxury villas in Bali. "This is currently under investigation. The team is currently operating in the area," said Agus at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta on August 6, 2025, as quoted from Antara.
The two Israeli citizens consist of one man and one woman. One of the two individuals is believed to be named Shachar Gornen, who has extensively promoted himself as a traveler and creator of travel content.
Gornen is known for actively managing the Instagram account @gonenvillasbali. Before gaining public attention, the account showcased promotional content for exclusive, modern, tropical-style luxury villas. However, at the time of this report, the account has become private, with no posts or followers.
Furthermore, Shachar Gornen's personal Instagram account is also private, limiting access to his content to approved followers only. Nevertheless, some excerpts of his content on Instagram, including those featuring luxury villas in Bali, are still accessible through Google search engines.
Editor's Choice: Indonesia Awaits Palestine's Approval for Gaza Evacuation Plan
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Egypt Seeks $35 Billion Gas Deal with Israel Despite Gaza Conflict
1 jam lalu

Despite Egypt's increasing criticism and frustration over Israel's genocide in Gaza, the two countries continue to make deals considered necessary for Cairo.
Israeli Security Cabinet Approves Plan to Take Over Entire Gaza
1 jam lalu

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently announced a plan to take over the entire Gaza.
Indonesia Highlights Rising Support for Two-State Solution
2 jam lalu

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs highlights the increasing international support at the UN for a two-state solution as a peaceful path to resolve the Palestine-Israel conflict.
Germany Halts Military Exports Potentially Usable by Israel in Gaza
4 jam lalu

This decision represents a significant shift for the German government, which has historically been one of Israel's staunchest international allies.
World Leaders Denounce Israel's Move to Occupy Entire Gaza Strip
4 jam lalu

World leaders have condemned Israel's plans to take control of Gaza City, the last 25 percent of the Gaza Strip that they do not yet control.
Former Superman Actor Pledges to Join ICE as Trump's Deportation Scheme Puts Lives at Risk
6 jam lalu

Dean Cain, an actor known for portraying Superman on a television show, is set to join the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Netherlands Says No Plan to Recognize Palestine State for Now
7 jam lalu

The Netherlands rejects the recognition of Palestine as a state and will not stop importing weapons from Israel.
Netanyahu Says Israel Resolute in Plan to Occupy Gaza
9 jam lalu

Prime Minister Netanyahu expressed the intention of Israel to occupy Gaza to establish a Hamas-free administration in the enclave.
Bali Under Government Scrutiny over Illegal Sea Turtle Trade
11 jam lalu

The Ministry of Forestry states that Bali is susceptible to illegal sea turtle trades. Here are the preventive measures that have been taken.
Survey Across Five Nations Calls to End Arms Sales to Israel
11 jam lalu

A survey across five countries spanning three continents demands an end to arms sales to Israel amidst the ongoing genocide in Gaza.