
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Indonesian government has sent an Emergency Medical Team (EMT) to assist people affected by the earthquake in Myanmar. Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin announced that the team of 35 medical professionals brought different kinds of medicines and health supplies worth Rp5.5 billion.
"The EMT will stay in Myanmar for one month and is expected to give medical help to those who were hurt by the earthquake," Minister Budi said in a written statement on Thursday, April 3, 2025.
He explained that the delivery of aid will be efficient and will reach the people who need it upon arrival. The Ministry of Health worked together with the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and other organizations to coordinate this effort.
Eko Medistianto, a representative from the Health Crisis Center, explained that the team sent includes medical workers with different special skills. These include specialist doctors in surgery, bone problems (orthopedics), giving anesthesia, internal diseases, children's health (pediatrics), and emergency care. "The team also has nurses, pharmacists, midwives, as well as people to handle supplies and administration," he said.
Separately, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sugiono, stated that Indonesia had already sent initial help in the form of an emergency response team. This team included people from BNPB and the Indonesian Search and Rescue (INASAR) as the first group to provide assistance on the ground. This initial aid was sent starting on March 31.
He mentioned that Indonesia's aid to Myanmar includes 124 tons of emergency supplies, with a total value of about US$1.2 million (around Rp20 billion). Indonesia is making sure that all the aid sent meets the most urgent needs of the people affected by the earthquake.
The things most needed by the victims of the magnitude 7.7 earthquake that struck Myanmar on Friday, March 28, 2025, such as temporary places to live, medical equipment, and medicines, are the top priorities of the aid being delivered.
Mega Putri Mahadewi contributed to the writing of this article.
Editor's Choice: Magnitude 7.7 Earthquake Hits Myanmar: 12 Urgent Needs Identified
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
6.8M Earthquake Hits Papua New Guinea, No Tsunami Expected
28 menit lalu

The BMKG noted that this was a shallow earthquake caused by movements in the Earth's outer layer.
Magnitude 7.7 Earthquake Hits Myanmar: 12 Urgent Needs Identified
1 hari lalu

The WHO Southeast Asia has sent nearly 3 tons of health supplies to the main affected areas within 24 hours after the Myanmar earthquake.
Indonesia's Foreign Ministry Dispatches 124 Tons of Aid for Myanmar Earthquake Victims
1 hari lalu

Indonesia has sent 124 tons of humanitarian aid worth US$1.2 million for the Myanmar earthquake victims.
Myanmar Earthquake: BNPB Deploys 65 Personnel, Allocates Rp10.9 Billion in Aid
1 hari lalu

BNPB sends 65 personnel and allocates Rp10.9 billion to help the earthquake victims in Myanmar.
BMKG: M5.9 Offshore Earthquake Jolts Ternate in North Maluku
1 hari lalu

The earthquake that occurred is a type of shallow earthquake due to the subduction activities of the Maluku Sea.
Myanmar Observes Silence for Nearly 3,000 Lost in Devastating Earthquake
2 hari lalu

The government observed a 1-minute silence as the earthquake victims in Myanmar are nearing 3,000, including children.
Indonesia Will Send Medical Teams to Aid Quake-Struck Myanmar
3 hari lalu

The Indonesian government will once again send aid to the earthquake victims in Myanmar on Thursday, April 3, 2025.
Death Toll of Deadly Myanmar Earthquake Surpasses 2,000 with Nearly 4,000 Injured
3 hari lalu

The number of casualties from the earthquake in Myanmar has increased to 1,700 deaths, with 3,400 injured and 300 missing. Thailand has recorded 17 fatalities. Rescue efforts continue.
Series of Earthquakes Spoil Eid Celebrations in Indonesia's Aceh
3 hari lalu

BMKG has recorded dozens of aftershock earthquakes from the M5.2 earthquake in Aceh Besar that occurred last Sunday. The trigger, the Great Sumatra Fault.
Myanmar Junta Bars Entry of Foreign Media to Quake-Stricken Regions
4 hari lalu

The military junta has banned foreign journalists from covering the devastating earthquake that struck Myanmar. Transparency in aid distribution is being questioned.